A yummy recipe for Easy Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice by Marjory at The Dinner Mom. For more recipes from her blog, visit www.dinner-mom.com.
8-10 Roma or other medium sized tomatoes
- 1 bag Success Brown Rice to yield 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 chicken sausage link (about 3 ounces)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Cook Success Brown Rice according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- If using a Roma variety tomato, lay each tomato on its side and slice off the top (see picture in post)
- For round tomatoes, cut a slice off the top of each tomato.
- Dice the tops and set aside.
- Scoop the seeds and pulp from each tomato and discard.
- Sprinkle salt inside the cavity of the tomato.
- Turn tomatoes over on a piece of paper towel to drain while preparing the stuffing.
- Chop sausage in a food processor.
- Combine cooked rice, sausage, ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavity of each tomato, mounding at the top.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of each tomato.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is heated through.
- Spoon leftover stuffing mixture onto serving plates and place cooked stuffed tomato on top.