- 1 bag Success White Rice (or 2 cups of cooked rice)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Boil rice in 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan, for 8 – 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Add broccoli to remaining water, bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, steamed broccoli, cheddar and Parmesan to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Add eggs and mix well. Form into 12 golf-ball sized balls. If mixture is too wet, you can add a little panko breadcrumbs to help.
- Heat 2 – 3″ of oil in a small saucepan to 350 degrees.
- Pour panko breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Add broccoli bites to the panko crumbs, and gently roll around to coat. Repeat until all bites are covered in panko.
- Carefully transfer bites, in batches, to hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 – 3 minutes. Don’t overcrowd them — try to stay with batches of 3 – 4 bites. Remove and set on a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat until all bites are cooked